Setting up a Neighbourhood Support group is easy, involving these steps:
- If you know your neighbours, have a chat to them to see if they’re interested in setting up a group. If you don’t know your neighbours, we can develop a flyer for you to distribute.
- Discuss a date and venue for a get-together, and contact the Neighbourhood Support Nelson co-ordinator to check that the date suits them. Usually get-togethers are held on weekday evenings, or during the day. The venue can be someone’s home or backyard, or a local park or reserve.
- Invite neighbours to the get-together. You can do this verbally or we can develop an invitation for you to distribute.
- At the get-together the Neighbourhood Support Nelson co-ordinator will explain how groups operate and give out resources such as booklets. One of the community constables will also attend and give home security tips and answer any questions people may have.
- After the get-together the Neighbourhood Support Nelson co-ordinator will develop a contact list for the group. The group’s contact person will distribute this and the group is then operational.
If you’d like to discuss setting up a group in the Nelson city area, contact the Nelson co-ordinator Karen Clark on 546-4902 or email email@example.com
If you’d like to discuss setting up a group in the Richmond/Waimea area, contact the Waimea co-ordinator Marty Price on 544-1365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org