Fraud and scams
Anyone can fall victim to fraud or scams. Being aware of what to look for and knowing what to do is important to protect yourself and your family.
- Scam prevention video NZ Police
- Various information on scams and scam alerts Consumer Affairs
- Report spam and view scam alerts Department of Internal Affairs
- Latest email hoaxes and Internet scams Hoaxslayer website
- Credit and Eftpos card fraud Neighbourhood Support NZ
- Protecting yourself online Connect Smart website
- Cybersafety and security advice Netsafe website
- Reporting online crime The Orb website
Family violence is a crime; it is not a private matter. Nearly half of all homicides in New Zealand are family violence related.
If you are the victim of family violence or fear for your safety, seek help as soon as possible. If you know someone who is a victim, you can help by listening and being supportive, ensuring they are safe and finding out what help is available in the community.