If a flood or earthquake struck today how ready would you be? Would you have enough food and water for you and your family to survive for several days? Would you know how and where to meet up with family members?
Below are some useful links to help you prepare for various emergencies:
- Get Ready Get Thru website – how to prepare for emergencies
- Nelson Tasman Emergency Management – Civil Defence warnings and information
- Geonet – information on earthquakes and tsunami alerts
- Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management emergency mobile alert– information on the new emergency alert for mobile phones
- Red Cross Hazard App – mobile phone app to help you prepare and respond to hazards
- AED locations – map of where defibrillators are located in your community. Defibrillators are used to respond to a sudden cardiac arrest.